Stop the death penalty in Iraq
SIGN THE STATEMENT
[If you have
a pop-up blocker, please disable before completing the form]
Call for global
* We call on all to work to stop
these executions and impose a moratorium on the death penalty in Iraq..
* We demand the release of all political prisoners, held in custody in official
prisons and ghost facilities by the US, the US installed Iraqi government and
the militias, brought to Iraq by the US occupation.
* Every Iraqi deserves protection and justice. Unfair
trials in Iraq must be stopped
* We call on the UN Human Rights Council to appoint a Special Rapporteur for the
human rights situation in Iraq.
* We call on all organisations that defend the first human right — the right to
life — to take up with urgency the cause of the 900 prisoners on death row in
* We call on all lawyers associations to protest the absence of law and due
process in Iraq, and to declare the imminent execution of these 900 prisoners
* 900 prisoners killed in Iraq would be 900 insults to the common conscience of
* We call on all to do everything within their means to bring the cases of these
900 prisoners facing death to the public eye, and to demand action by relevant
* The US occupation of Iraq must end. It is that occupation that is the ultimate
rope around the neck of Iraq, and the ultimate prison for the Iraqi people.
Back to Statement